Sunday, March 24, 2013

Progress

I stumbled across a website with cute patterns for beginning sewing, and I fell in love with this pattern:

Really Cute Pattern

For $6.00, I thought - heck, I will give it a try.  So I gave it a try.  And I'm sort of proud of it.  I'm afraid that Lucy was not as willing a model as the little girl in the photo.  I asked her to pose for me, and this is what I got:


Apparently asking Lucy to take a photo is a HUGE punishment.  

It turned out amazingly well.  The pattern was so easy to follow - so much better than buying those flimsy tissue paper patterns at JoAnn's.  You know, the one's where you accidentally cut on the wrong line and end up with a really cute skirt that really doesn't fit?  Yeah, those.


I'm not crazy about the pink fabric, but it was the only fabric I had on hand that I had enough of.  I didn't want to buy something until I knew I would end up with a decent finished product.  I love the little ruffle sleeves.



The back is really cute too - no zipper (thank goodness!).  Just some loops and buttons.


It's a little big on her right now, but by summer it should fit great and look cute with little sandals.  I bought some blue fabric that I like so much more today for Round #2.  We will see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment